Sew if you have any sewing ability, you can make these items for your Yoga practice.
- A Yoga Bag by Amy Butler….at Yoga Mat Bag
- A Lavender Eye Pillow by Amy Butler …. at
Lavender Eye Pillow
- A cool headband, to keep that hair out of the way …. at Altered Cloth – Headband for the hair!
- A Zafu Meditation Pillow …. at Zafu Meditation Pillow from Michigan Buddhist Size
- A Meditation Bench at http://www.michiganbuddhist.com/seiza/
- And make your own bolsters. Now I found an article in one of my sewing books,”Sewing for the Outdoors”, but then I found this on the internet…same concept. I used a roll of quilt batting, figured out how circle part on the bottom….well, kinda like the instructions for the yoga mat. Here’s a link….
I used some cotton material that I had around the house. I used this same concept, to cover a neck roll that I had, so that I could also use this in restorative yoga poses.
Here’s another link for making a stuff sack, or a cover for your cylinder shaped bolster…
- Stuff Sack Instructions #2 – to make another bolster – From Dittybag site.
- Stuff Sack Instructions #3 – From Thru-Hiker Site.
Here are some additional links to making your own yoga mat bag, even a cool video, and a way to make a yoga mat wrap….plus some more on zafu’s!!
- Make a Yoga Mat Carrier ~ http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00167.asp
- Simple Sewing Project – Sewing a Yoga Mat Bag ~ http://www.orangebeautiful.com/blog/post.php?post_id=567
Additional sewing instructions for zafu’s
p.s.s. Update. From Yogafit.com a forum client posted about Simplicity 3583 and McCalls 4261. Get them when the are on sale at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn’s Fabric Store, or Hancocks.