Ah sleep – helped by yogic sleep, nidra, iRest in Nederland, Texas
For the last 6 months or so, been looking into the Yoga Nidra or Yogic Sleep to be used in my beginner’s yoga classes. IRest is the version, that Dr. Richard Miller created to assist those in the military to address issues associated with trauma, healing, anxiety, and breathwork.
In my recent training, Yoga for Veterans Project, a particular protocol is used in the yoga classes that one would do for Veterans. So I decided to use this in my beginner’s yoga class. Wow, here’s the result. Mondays at 6:15 PM at Wesley UMC, 3515 Helena Avenue, Nederland, Tx. $10 – Call Gail at 409-727-3177 for additional questions on yoga!
Here are their comments again!
So I’ve added the specific process of Yoga Sleep (also known as Yoga Nidra, or iRest Meditation). I surveyed my students to see what they thought of their sleep. Here are a few comments.
- “Slept Great!”
- “Amazing Sleep. Did not wake up, and I normally do wake up during the night.”
- “I slept a little better than I normally do, but I normally sleep well. I did sleep longer though.”
- “Good Night Sleep.”
- “I slept without any back pain.”
- “Ah, I slept great, I really zoned out. The relaxation was wonderful and so relaxing.”
- “Slept soundly all night, which is not normal.”
- “Good. Slept straight thru the night.”
- “I normally get up to the restroom 1 to 2 times a night. I slept straight thru.”
- “Slept better than normal.”
- “I don’t normally sleep through the night, last night after our yoga class I slept straight thru.”
Wow! So I’ll be adding that to our beginners’ yoga class contents, as I had most of my class respond so quickly on how they slept after taking that particularly formatted class.
Thanks, Yoga for Veterans Project for the “nudge” to use this protocol. I know it helps me with my back pain!
You must be logged in to post a comment.