Here’s your top DIYs, tutorials for:
- Face Mask Lanyards DIY Tutorials
- Face Coverings, face masks, Buff, Gaiters or Gators or Neck & Face covering – DIY Tutorials
- My DIY Tutorial for Face mask and Buff’s from Leggings or Yoga pants.
- Links to other DIY’s on making your own Yoga props on my site.
Face Mask Lanyards DIY Tutorials
You might have something already around the house to help you keep track of your face mask. Especially when those kiddos are going back to school. You know kids, right?
This one is easy peasy! Dug through my junk drawer, and found these! Just attached it to my face mask….good to go!
DIY for lanyard for your face mask
- https://www.annemariechany.com/blog//2013/03/10-minute-sewing-project-how-to-sew.html from Anne Marie Chany – 2013
- https://www.skiptomylou.org/fabric-lanyard-pattern-teacher-gift-printable/ from Skip to My Lou – 2015
- https://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/easy-key-lanyard-tutorial from Craft Aholics Anonymous – 2014
- http://orangebettie.com/2018/12/19/diy-leather-lanyard-tutorial/ a lanyard made out of leather! – 2018
- https://www.peekaboopages.com/2019/09/back-to-school-how-to-sew-a-lanyard.html– 2019
- Use a lanyard that you already have at the house. Help keep up with your face mask with your lanyard cute video! ==> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vVUzNaTRY
- Sew Your Own https://www.heatherhandmade.com/diy-face-mask-holder/
- Easy Ribbon Lanyard https://craftyforhome.com/2018/08/27/easy-ribbon-lanyard/
- DIY Neck Strap for homemade face coverings https://thesavvyage.com/diy-neck-strap-for-homemade-face-masks/
- Kids Face Mask with Neckband a DIY Sewing Tutorial https://sewing.craftgossip.com/kids-face-mask-with-neckband-diy-sewing-tutorial/2020/08/01/
- Good with knots and paracording or safety pins and ribbon? Try these! https://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord-Lanyard-1/
- And a DIY Face Mask Chain https://www.smartfamilymoney.com/diy-face-mask-chain/
- Just need to purchase one? https://factorydirectcraft.com/factorydirectcraft_blog/diy-lanyard-face-mask-holder/
Face Coverings, face masks, Buff, Gaiters or Gators or Neck & Face covering – DIY Tutorials
The list of DIY tutorials for making the buff, face mask coverings.
- From the My Sewing Machine Obsession site – another great tutorial, with the emphasis of summer fabrics. I like how this one is configured and updated.
- https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Stylish-Neck-Gator/ Also known as “Gator” good use transform into a buff/face mask
- http://giveitgrace.blogspot.com/2011/10/keeping-warm-and-staying-cheap.html Give it Grace Keeping warm and staying cheap: A DIY Head wrap/face mask. Oct 2011
- https://jennabrand.com/2014/05/01/tubular-bandana-buff-tutorial/ Tubular Bandana Buff Tutorial – May 2014
- Gaiter Style Mask Tutorial by Sew Can She
- DIY Breathable Face Mask at Hello Sewing
DIY Buff 2015 Instructions PDF – Updated May 2020! – https://www.thelaststitch.com/sewing-buff/
- http://blog.fehrtrade.com/gallery/883/sewing-indie-month-a-buff-tutorial/Buff – Sew your own active wear – May 2014
- https://lotsafreshair.com/2017/05/19/howto-make-a-buff/ Lots a Fresh Air Sewing your own Buff from a T-shirt May 2017
- Sewing your own Gator – Oct 2008
- Face Mask Tutorial PDF
- Gail’s PDF on making your own face mask from Leggings.
My DIY Tutorial for Face mask and Buff’s from Leggings or Yoga pants.
- Here is Gail and her original Buff from when she went to Mongolia. Taught yoga in Mongolia, when visiting her oldest in the Peace Corps.
- I selected the OSU colors for my LuLaRoe Leggings. Go Pokes!
- Taking my original Buff and measuring how much to cut, I may have added an inch to the length.
- I can get two Buffs from a pair of LuLaRoe Leggings.
- I then pin the fabric sides together to prepare to either sew by the machine or hand sew.
- Using my Pfaff Sewing Machine, pin right sides of fabric together, then sew down the seam to make a tube shape. In this case I used the serged seam as a guideline to where I’d sew. Optional to trim off that seam.
- Turn the finished tube with the fabric to the outside and try on. If need be, you could take in more if the buff slips. I found that I did not need to take in the side seam any, and the face covering/buff stayed up nicely.
DIY on making from the ends of Lularoe leggings or yoga pants into a face mask. Now Sewing required.
So I had a lot of left over leg ends, after I made the “Buffs and Gators” from the top of the Lularoe Leggings….
I saw on my statistics someone typed in DIY Lularoe leggings into a face mask. Looked at it and thought, well I could make it simpler… Here’s the PDF ==> Upcycle your Lularoe Leggings into Face Masks, Buffs and Gators – Gail Pickens-Barger Yoga Teacher