I am excited about helping you learn the benefits of yoga and starting you on your path to a regular yoga practice.
I teach strength based mobility & gentle yoga for low back care on a one-on-one, group setting, and business basis. Many of my clients deal with neck & back pain & I work with them to relieve & reduce their pain.
If you want the details about how I got started and the benefits, scroll on down.
Why do people come to yoga?
- Want to lose or maintain their weight.
- Desire to find a non-surgical solution to easing low back pain.
- Increase their flexibility and also to increase their strength.
- Ease their body aches and pains.
- Reduce their stress in their busy lives.
- Wish to sleep better at night.
- Lower their blood pressure.
- Build bone mass.
- Their doctor suggested that they participate in yoga lessons.
Are you looking to:
- Lessen Back Pain?
“I was able to do all of the poses, with a few modifications, when I took your ‘back yoga’ class. My back feels so good afterwards.” Spring 2009. Mildred, a Yoga class participant from the YMCA Port Arthur, Texas
- Sleep Better?
“After my first yoga session, I was able to go to sleep without my sleep aid medication.” Spring 2007. Helen, Beginners Yoga participant, Nederland, Texas
- Increase Heart Health?
“I continue to try to make any of Gail’s group classes and plan some more private lessons in the near future. As a nurse practitioner I am familiar with many valid studies conducted by western medical centers that point up the substantial benefits of yoga as both a replacement and assistance with medication. I highly recommend Gail as a wonderful ambassador and instructor for yoga.
By the way-I wore my heart rate monitor during many of the sessions and was surprised at the heart rate elevation during parts of the lesson.” May 2010. Norma, Private Yoga student, Beaumont, Texas
- Ease Stress?
“In taking Gail’s class, I don’t miss my Vioxx as much. I’m not having any spasms in my left leg. I can manage my stress better.” Summer 2005. Brenda, a Fibromyalgia sufferer and a Gentle Beginning Yoga student, Victoria, Texas
You don’t have to bend like a pretzel or tie yourself in a knot, to gain all the benefits of a fun and energizing yoga practice.
What to Expect? What to Bring? What to Wear? Common Questions Answered:
What to Expect?
Hour long class. Live on Zoom. Option to do “Live” or later with a video. A lot of my students get the video to do later!
- For ONLINE classes you will need: You, your smart phone, computer or laptop
- Comfortable Clothing
- A Yoga Mat
- $10 Paypal fee ==> https://paypal.me/yogawithgail/10 or PayPal to email@example.com
- Bottle of water (optional)
- Gentle Beginners Yoga Classes on Mondays at 6:00 PM. What is nice about this class is, if you cannot make it, you’ll be sent a video of the class to practice on your own. Several people have really enjoyed this option!
What to Wear?
Now some people wear layers on the top part of their body. Because we do a pose called Downward Facing Dog. It looks like we are an upside-down letter, “V”. When that happens and if you do not have a snug fitting shirt, the shirt will ride up the backside and sometimes tummy part of your body.
I wear a tank top under my t-shirt, so if this happens, I know that I am not showing any skin.
Come a bit early to register, get your yoga props (a strap, a block, sometimes a blanket) and your spot.
I’ll put you on mute once the class starts. Throughout the class though, I’ll un-mute and check it with everyone to see how they feel in the yoga class, if there are questions. A Welcome and Hello to everyone at the beginning and ending of the class.
What I want you to do though is explore my site to see about yoga:
- Gentle Yoga for a Healthy Back
- Benefits of Yogic Sleep Method
- Transformational Sleep
- 15 reasons to start or re-start your regular yoga practice!
- I really don’t know much about yoga, do you have a Frequently Asked Questions post about Yoga? (Yes!)
This will get you started! Love to hear from you! Contact me