GAIL PICKENS-BARGER – Private Lesson Yoga Teacher and Yoga Teacher in Nederland, Texas
I was practicing yoga poses during my first pregnancy, over 25 years ago. Yoga helped me tremendously in dealing with some rather challenging natural childbirths. Since then my interest in Yoga restarted after I retired from Information Technology at DuPont.
I’ve done all the workouts, Jazzercise, Step Aerobics, Karate, Weight Lifting, Hi-Low, Power Walking, Dance Fitness–and more! While all those exercise formats are great, I keep coming back to yoga to help me feel more balanced, calm, lessening aches and pains, and keeping my muscles and bones in tip top shape. Since 2001 – I’ve taught over 3000 teaching hours on the yoga mat and 18 years of teaching experience.
What my clients tell me:
- They feel less stressed after a yoga session.
- Their back pain and sciatica challenges have been reduced.
- Yoga breathing techniques helped one client lessen her anxiety during her dentist visits, and was able to limit the novacane shots during her dental work….with her breathing!
- Private client was able to build her strength through her sessions with me.
I find that there are very few beginner yoga classes, offered in my community. The yoga that I teach help you become familiar with the majority of the yoga poses that you’d encounter in yoga classes. I do like to have fun in class (because if I can get you laughing, then you’ll get those “good feeling” endorphins a going in your brain) and give you a good workout and a great relaxation at the end of class. Something that your body will say, “Ahhhh!” right after your mind has chilled out!
PLUS, if your schedule and my style of yoga does not match up with you, I keep up to date with who teaches what style of yoga in the area. Then I can refer you onto the other awesome instructors in our Golden Triangle Area. Including Bridge City, Orange, Vidor, Beaumont, Sour Lake, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Nederland, Groves and even Crystal Beach!
Styles of yoga that I currently teach are:
- New to Yoga – Beginners (I love beginners!!!)
- Private lessons (Great for Beginners or working on a challenge – Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Range of motion challenges, Developing a Regular Practice, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Children, Tweens & Teen
- Chair Yoga, seated or using the chair as a prop
- Cross training for the Athlete
- Stress Reduction & Meditation
* Lessen Back Pain
* Lower Stress
* Lose Weight
* Increase Flexibility.
* Build Bone Mass
* Ease Pregnancy Challenges.
* Better Balance
* Gain Strength.
Through Private One on One Yoga Lessons.