About GAIL PICKENS-BARGER -Yoga Teacher in Nederland, Texas
Pain relief through movement – Get you back to feeling better! 409-727-3177 to get your business, employees, groups or private chair yoga or beginners yoga to your folks. Help them feel better!
I teach Beginners Yoga for Low Back Care on Mondays at 6:00 PM and Chair Yoga classes on youtube. All classes are online during our COVID-19 situation.
Beginners Yoga is a50-60 minute long class and Chair Yoga classes in 30-45 minute. My students are the National MS Society, the Veterans Yoga Project Online Streaming Classes and several retirement communities throughout the U. S.
MORE INFO?? If you want the details about how I got started and the benefits, scroll on down.
What I want you to do though is explore my site to see about yoga:
- Gentle Yoga for Low Back Care
- 15 reasons to start or re-start your regular yoga practice!
- Sleep better through the Yogic Sleep Method that we do in my group yoga classes
- Beginners Yoga – All the benefits
- FAQ – frequently asked questions about yoga!
This will get you started! Love to hear from you! Contact me
The Basics then? * Lessen Back Pain * Lower Stress * Lose Weight * Increase Flexibility * Build Bone Mass * Ease Pregnancy Challenges. * Better Balance * Gain Strength.
More About Me? I was practicing yoga poses during my first pregnancy, over 25 years ago. Yoga helped me tremendously in dealing with some rather challenging natural childbirths. Since then my interest in Yoga restarted after I retired from Information Technology at DuPont.
I’ve done all the workouts, Jazzercise, Step Aerobics, Karate, Weight Lifting, Hi-Low, Power Walking, Dance Fitness–and more! While all those exercise formats are great, I keep coming back to yoga to help me feel more balanced, calm, lessening aches and pains, and keeping my muscles and bones in tip-top shape. Since 2001 – I’ve taught over 3000 teaching hours on the yoga mat and 19 years of teaching experience.
What my clients tell me:
- They feel less stressed after a yoga session.
- Their back pain and sciatica challenges have been reduced.
- Yoga breathing techniques helped one client lessen her anxiety during her dentist visits, and was able to limit the novocaine shots during her dental work….with her breathing!
- Private client was able to build her strength through her sessions with me.
I find that there are very few beginner yoga classes, offered in my community. The yoga that I teach help you become familiar with the majority of the yoga poses that you’d encounter in yoga classes. I do like to have fun in class (because if I can get you laughing, then you’ll get those “good feeling” endorphins a going in your brain) and give you a good workout and a great relaxation at the end of class. Something that your body will say, “Ahhhh!” right after your mind has chilled out!
PLUS, if your schedule and my style of yoga does not match up with you, I keep up to date with who teaches what style of yoga in the area. Then I can refer you onto the other awesome instructors in our Golden Triangle Area. Including Bridge City, Orange, Vidor, Beaumont, Sour Lake, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Nederland, Groves, and even Crystal Beach!
Styles of yoga that I currently teach are:
- New to Yoga – Beginners (I love beginners!!!)
- Private lessons (Great for Beginners or working on a challenge – Osteoporosis, Anxiety, Range of motion challenges, Developing a Regular Practice, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Children, Tweens & Teen
- Chair Yoga, seated or using the chair as a prop
- Cross training for the Athlete
- Stress Reduction & Meditation
* Lower Stress
* Lose Weight
* Increase Flexibility.
* Build Bone Mass
* Ease Pregnancy Challenges.
* Better Balance
* Gain Strength.
Through Private One on One Yoga Lessons.
Inquiries: Call (not text) 409-727-3177, leave a message.
- Gail Pickens-Barger profile on Yoga Alliance
- Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis – Gail Pickens-Barger Profile
- Veterans Yoga Project Ambassador – Gail Pickens-Barger
- LinkedIn Profile – Gail Pickens-Barger
- Beaumont 2010 VIP Magazine – Featuring local yoga teachers
- Yoga with Gail Pickens-Barger – Google Business Site