Teaching now 20 years! Yoga with Gail
Where did the time go by?
I had retired from the IT department at DuPont, and continued to take computer classes at the University of Houston – Victoria, plus take all the PE classes at Victoria College.
I took the first offered yoga class at the university.
After my final exam in that class, which was a teach-back yoga class, along with my team, my yoga teacher told me that she liked my sequences and should become a yoga teacher.
The following month in my hometown at that time, YogaFit International Training Systems came to town and presented their Level 1 training. Soon afterwards I was teaching and taking additional training to get my 200 hours.
I was the first graduate of YogaFit’s 200-hour teacher training program (other than their trainers).
I remember one day, back in Victoria, I taught 5 classes in one day.
I soon racked up the teaching hours to get to the experienced level, then after moving to the Nederland/Port Neches, Texas area, took additional training from Lex Gillan at the Yoga Institute in Houston, to complete my 500-hour training.
I’ve enjoyed teaching for so many different places and studios and independently. Thank you.
- Citizens HealthPlex
- DeTar Healthcare System
- GymX24 hour
- Lotus Yoga Studio of Victoria
- Victoria Ballet Theatre @ Debbe Busby School of Dance
- Chandler Elementary School in Victoria, Texas
- University of Houston-Victoria
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Christus HWC
- YMCA of Southeast Texas, Port Arthur Branch
- Nederland High School in Nederland, Texas
- Exygon Health and Fitness Club
- Golden Triangle Yoga
- Yoga Vibe TX
- Yoga at Wesley UMC in Nederland, Texas
- Friday Gentle Yoga at the Lakeside Best Years Center Beaumont Texas
- 12NewsNow and more!
- Now teaching online and in-person for the Veterans Yoga Project and No Longer Limited Duty