Gentle Yoga for low back pain 45 minute classes hosted by the Veterans Yoga Project folks!
Thank you for joining this yoga class and I hope you enjoy the class!
Remember, you don’t have to be able to touch your toes, or bend like a pretzel to do yoga!
Back PAIN info:
- Back pain is the 2nd most sited reason people go to the doctor
- Back pain has a high occurrence in veterans for a number of reasons
- And they are prescribed pills but it doesn’t really help
- Then comes fatigue, depression & quality of life goes down
- Yoga can actually help the back pain
- 45% of veterans have a military-connected disability
- 8% of adults in the US have back pain at some part of their life
- 30% of people in the US in the next 3 months will have a short course of back pain
- So this affects everyone
- This method of practices and yoga poses
- Reduces the intensity of pain, depression, fatigue & medication use
- Pain interference with daily life.
- Quality of life & self-efficacy both went up with regular yoga practice
#VYPFamily, #VYPBootsOnTheGround, #VYPLightACandle and #NamasteMemorialDay
Since the formative years of the United States, more than one million American Soldiers have given and lost their lives protecting our freedoms and defending our nation’s liberties. Those Americans made the ultimate sacrifice. Veterans Yoga Project recognizes their sacrifice by annually gathering on Memorial Day to light candles in their honor.
We stand where they once stood.
We bow to them with gratitude.
We speak of their valor.
We invite you to join with us in honoring our fallen.
Any generous gifts made in honor of Light A Candle will go directly to our efforts to aid in the recovery and resilience of our nation’s veterans, military, caregivers, families, and communities. In doing so, we will light a candle on behalf of your dedication.
Without your support, we could not do what we do.
Donation Link == https://veteransyogaproject.z2systems.com/donation.jsp?campaign=65&
Should you choose not to donate this Memorial Day, we still invite you to join us in honoring and remembering our fallen by lighting a candle and sharing in our candlelit meditation vigil via livestream at 3pm your local time. Livestream link
On May 31st, please join us in keeping candles burning bright in remembrance and keeping alive the unbreakable stories, valor, and memory of the veterans who lost their lives as a final act of service.
All of us at Veterans Yoga Project
Gail Pickens-Barger, Veterans Yoga Project Ambassador
Once again, here’s your donation link!