Benefits of the Yogic Sleep Method
Yoga Nidra for better sleep.
Mondays 6 PM Online Gentle Yoga for Low Back Pain $10 thru Paypal .
What you will need:
- a yoga mat
- a strap, or dog leash, long scarf or tie
- a yoga block or rolled up two hand towels
- a blanket (optional)
- a chair (optional)
- access to a wall or hard surface
Beginners Yoga Gentle Yoga for easing back pain, lessening stress, increasing flexibility and strength, while enjoying the yogic sleep method for better sleep in your life! We use the yoga sleep method to further enhance better sleep and sometimes less pain while sleeping.
Don’t like to get down on the floor? Chair Yoga Class. Then this class is for you with all the same great benefits of the beginner yoga class. Help your heart health with this unique chair yoga fitness class. Contact Gail to get access to these classes!
Call Gail at 409-727-3177 on your yoga questions about these classes and more!
Beginners Yoga for easing back pain
•Yoga mat•Block or two rolled up hand towels
•Strap or dog/cat leash or long bath towel
•Optional access to a wall or chair
Gentle postures for easing back pain. The Veterans that I teach regularly on Wednesdays on the Mindbody app, through the Veterans Yoga Project had this to say about the Beginners Back Yoga class that I teach.
•”My pain levels were at the top at level 10. After class, my pain levels were at a level 6, which is so much easier for me to handle. Thank you.”
•Another Veteran shared this, “I came into the class at a level of 6. Near the end of the class, I could feel the easing of pain and I’d say I was at a level of 2. I will be repeating this class!”
•Sign up for a Mindbody account, through the VYP portal at:
•Then “Book” the Wednesday class at 1 PM CST to gain access to this gentle yoga class. #freeyoga
Secret to easing back pain? Shhh, it’s yoga!
Enjoy these yoga basic poses. In there are some yoga poses for easing back pain, building bones, lessening anxiety, bettering one’s balance and cultivating quality sleep. Curious? Contact Gail
Gentle Yoga for low back pain 45 minute classes hosted by the Veterans Yoga Project folks!
Thank you for joining this yoga class and I hope you enjoy the class!
Remember, you don’t have to be able to touch your toes, or bend like a pretzel to do yoga!
Back PAIN info:
- Back pain is the 2nd most sited reason people go to the doctor
- Back pain has a high occurrence in veterans for a number of reasons
- And they are prescribed pills but it doesn’t really help
- Then comes fatigue, depression & quality of life goes down
- Yoga can actually help the back pain
- 45% of veterans have a military-connected disability
- 8% of adults in the US have back pain at some part of their life
- 30% of people in the US in the next 3 months will have a short course of back pain
- So this affects everyone
- This method of practices and yoga poses
- Reduces the intensity of pain, depression, fatigue & medication use
- Pain interference with daily life.
- Quality of life & self-efficacy both went up with regular yoga practice
#VYPFamily, #VYPBootsOnTheGround, #VYPLightACandle and #NamasteMemorialDay
Since the formative years of the United States, more than one million American Soldiers have given and lost their lives protecting our freedoms and defending our nation’s liberties. Those Americans made the ultimate sacrifice. Veterans Yoga Project recognizes their sacrifice by annually gathering on Memorial Day to light candles in their honor.
We stand where they once stood.
We bow to them with gratitude.
We speak of their valor.
All of us at Veterans Yoga Project
Gail Pickens-Barger, Veterans Yoga Project Ambassador