Alright, Let’s Do This! Yoga for Beginners!
Thursday at 10:00 AM Beginners Chair Yoga – $5
Starting back up Monday, March 25th 6:15 PM Beginners Yoga with a yoga mat – $10
Beginner Yoga Series – Nederland & Beaumont Texas with Gail Pickens-Barger
Yea! Mondays at 6:15 PM ($10) and Thursdays at 10:00 AM ($5 or food donation). Beginners Yoga with Gail. 409-727-3177. Held at Wesley UMC, 3515 Helena Avenue, Nederland, Texas.
Call Gail for your prenatal yoga assessment. 409-727-3177. You may qualify to take the public beginners yoga classes, or need a few private prenatal classes prior to public classes.
Plus coming soon Yoga for Veterans up in Beaumont (and possibly Mid-County).
Coming Soon….. Veterans Yoga with Registered & Certified Yoga Teacher, with over 18 years teaching experience, Gail Pickens-Barger. 409-727-3177
Personal Practice of Yoga — It’s all good
So my yoga practice has changed a bit, these past 4 years.
I was vigorously practicing the 12 yoga poses for easing osteopenia/osteoporosis, but still experiencing back pain.
Upon the advise of my MD Anderson Women’s Care doctor, she suggested that I go back to my primary physician and get xrays done to start to figure out what is going on with my back pain.
Well, turns out I have scoliosis. Got me thinking, what was my xrays back in 2010 telling me from my chiro visits. Got another baseline done, and yup, my curves have increased. No wonder I have pain.
Back to yoga. Apparently practicing the same of both sides is aggravating my challenged side.
So investigating into this, books, internet, etc. Found YogaBerry in the UK, and took her yoga teacher training for scoliosis, and recently did a group webinar with 4 other people to practice yoga with regards to our specific curves.
Let me tell you,
I’m in less pain. Also work with at PT to strengthen my multifidus deeeeeep back muscle and my transverse abdominus. Yes, a lot of what I’m doing is yoga, but we are targeting to my needs of my back.
WOW! Its working!
Yoga for easing back pain. I’m an example!
See you in Beginners Yoga folks!
Mondays 6:15 PM & Thursdays at 10:00 AM. Call me Gail Pickens-Barger for your yoga questions 409-727-3177
True Confessions. Before You Forget! No Yoga Monday. It’s Labor Day.
Chair Yoga on Thursday, September 6th, 2018 10:00 AM still happening!
Salute to the Sun. Sun Salutations in Nederland Beaumont Texas. Yoga for Beginners
Call Gail Pickens-Barger, Yoga Teacher.
If you don’t like my classes, or the fit isn’t just right, I will find you a class or teacher to help you on your path to your wellness goals. 409-727-3177. Please leave a voice message, if I am unable to immediately get to your telephone call. Thank you!
Thursday Yoga in Nederland, Groves, Port Neches & Port Arthur Texas
- 6:30 AM – Melody – Oranday Bros Jiu Jitsu in Port Neches, Texas
- 8:30 AM – Pilates – Amanda – Exygon in Nederland, Texas
- 9:00 AM – Yoga – Pam – YMCA in Port Arthur, Texas
- 9:00 AM – Yoga – Kathy – PowerHouse Gym in Port Neches, Texas
- 10:00 AM – Chair Yoga Fitness – Gail – Wesley UMC in Nederland, Texas
- 11:00 AM – YogaKiddos – Gail – 4 & 5 year olds – Wesley Mothers Day Out Program in Nederland, Texas
- 4:00 PM – Twisted Tykes Yoga – Melody – Groves Activity Center in Groves, Texas
- 5:30 PM – Yoga – Doneane – PowerHouse Gym in Port Neches, Texas
- 6:30 PM – Yoga – Dawneen – Sacred Space Yoga – Nederland, Texas
- 7:00 PM – Vinyasa Yoga – Melody – Exygon in Nederland, Texas
- 6:30 AM – Yoga Flow – WP Health & Wellness Center
- 8:00 AM – Yoga Stretch – WP Health & Wellness Center
- 8:30 AM – Fire Yoga with Nicole – Sun Tree Yoga Studio
- 9:30 AM – Advanced Yoga with Melissa – Exygon Health & Wellness
- 10:00 AM – Power Yoga with Angi – Sun Tree Yoga Studio
- 10:00 AM – Restore Yoga with Erin – Satya Rising Studio
- 5:30 PM – Group Centergy with Sarah – Exygon Health & Wellness
- 5:30 PM – Mindful Yoga with Beth – Sun Tree Yoga Studio
- 5:30 PM – Tai Chi – Unity Church
- 6:00 PM – Slow Burn Vinyasa – Love Yoga Studio
- 7:30 PM – Yoga – Unity Church